Monday, July 21, 2008

Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?

Yes, it's another dress from You Can Make This! It's the same pattern I used for the candy corn dress, but I didn't do any stripwork. Instead, I cut a rectangle 15"x45" (the width of the fabric) and ruffled it using my ruffler foot for my sewing machine. (This is a size 3, by the way. You'd have to make the skirt longer or shorter depending on the size you make.) I did the same thing for the ruffle at the bottom using two strips that were 4"x45" and sewing them into one long strip before ruffling them.I also added a tie belt for the back using scraps of the yellow fabric. I didn't even measure them, but they came out just right.

Elmo was a bit of a challenge. I'd never used applique with embroidery, which this design requires. I think he came out ok, considering he was a first!

Next on my list: Mickey Mouse!

2 comments:

Cyndi Lewis said...

Cute! Good job on the machine embroidery. My machine doesn't do that but I hope to work up to such a machine someday.

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

That is beyond cute!!!

Love it!