Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 6 Without Running Water

We're half way through day six without running water.

I took four baskets of laundry to the laundromat today. Everyone there was from our tiny town.

The girls really want to go out to play. It's just so hot and I can't give them a bath in the evening.

Yesterday for lunch I made mini pizzas on English muffins: Split an English muffin, top with a little pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. Nuke it for about 15 seconds. You'd thought they'd never eaten the way they gobbled it up. Then they wanted it again for dinner! So, we had it again. Our microwave is getting a workout.

When I went to the firestation to get "flushable water", I asked if they'd heard any word about when this would all be over. The nice guy who toted my water to the van said he'd heard 5-7 more days. The local newspaper says the line is fixed, but it will take 48 hours to see if there are any more breaks and if the fix really fixed it.

I'm thankful that we have electricity, for Wal-Mart's donation of drinking water, for the National Guard personnel and fire department volunteers who are manning the water station, and for my aunt and uncle who let us come over and take a shower every few days!

2 comments:

Cyndi Lewis said...

Dana,
Oh my goodness, I feel for you. I really didn't think you'd be out of water this long. Ironic isn't it. You don't have water but all that flooding around you. If you all want a little vacation you are welcome to head up to our house. We can house you in our tent trailer. We only have one bathroom but we do have water. How is your palsy fairing? Any better?

RMyers said...

good post!

Blessings!

fourmyers.blogspot.com