Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Little Red Wagon


Last summer I bought a little red wagon at a yard sale for $10.00. It seemed like a lot for a child's toy, but it was metal and in great shape so I forked over the money and took it home. My thought was to put flowers in it next to the front porch as a cute little display.

The girls cabbaged on to that wagon and it's never made it as a display. My real hint today is to have a wagon to lug things around outside. For example, we can't park our van very close to the door. When I get groceries (and I try to buy a month's worth at one time) I use the wagon to haul several bags from the van to the door, saving my aching muscles for getting the groceries put away. It's also hauled landscaping bricks to various places, 50 pound bags of cat food, outdoor plants, and the occasional child who just wants to go for a ride!

Saving my back...that Works for Me! Check out other Works-for-Me-Wednesday ideas at Rocks in My Dryer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use our wagon the same way. Those bags of plant soil get heavy!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Oh, this is a great idea!
Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

We wore our wagon out many years ago, then Jeff used the wheels and frame and built a wooden bottom and low sides, we use it for EVERYTHING!!!

I do have one our first ones in a flower garden with annuals planted in it. I just spray on a coat of red paint every couple of years. memories...

Anonymous said...

My kids like their new little Red Wagons... It is really so nice...