Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mittens at 30 Weeks


I went with my sister, Sharon, her husband (Don), her two sons (Kyle and Adam, my nephews), my mom, and Katie (my daughter who is 4) to my sister's 4D Ultrasound. She's a few days shy of 30 weeks.

Sharon drank orange juice on the way so Maggie (or "Mittens" as she's so fondly known) would be active. And, boy, was she ever active!

Maggie had her hands in front of her face for a lot of the ultrasound. If it wasn't her hands, it was part of the umbilical cord laying on her nose that would block her face. At one time, you could see her tiny hands grasping her BIG foot! Well, it looked big compared to her hand! She had one eye open and was looking around. Then she started hiccuping! You could see everything on the huge screen. You could see the parts of the umbilical cord, the chambers of her beating heart, and her perfect little spine.

Psalm 139:13-16
13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

3 comments:

momster said...

That is so beautiful. The sight of a pregnant belly never ceases to fill me with wonder. It is such a miracle.

Cyndi Lewis said...

Wow! How awesome is that! God is great!

Frank said...

WOW! That is cool (and a little bit creepy)!