Saturday, May 5, 2007

Homemade Graham Crackers


Homemade Graham Crackers
It's easier than you think!

1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
2 T molasses
1 t vanilla
2 1/2-3 cups whole wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 T cinnamon
1/4-1/2 cup milk

Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Use 2 1/2 cups of flour to start with. Mix dry mixture to liquids, alternating with milk. Mix well. Add more flour if dough is too sticky. Add a little milk if it's too dry.

Divide dough in half. Roll each part directly on oiled cookie sheet. The thinner you roll it, the crispier they'll be when baked. Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 2 1/2 inch squares, but do not separate. Prick surface with a fork. At this point, I like to sprinkle the tops with a little cinnamon sugar, but that's optional.

Bake at 300 for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool then separate into pieces.

These are great by themselves, with a little icing, or with homemade tapioca or banana pudding!

Update on June 5, 2011: I'm linking this older post at

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so cool! You are really going to town with this new blog. I love it! I'm trying to decide whether I should switch... My girl is sick as a dog right now so I'm home from church--yuck. Talk to you soon! BTW...the sock thing was cool too!!