Saturday, May 26, 2007

I Come by It Honestly!

I stopped at my parents' house tonight to find my dad out in the garage making a lamp out of an blender! It's going to be interesting to see it finished. I'll post a photo when it's done!

My dad can be very creative. I think I get my creativity from his side of the family. It was Dad's idea to make a lamp out of smoked glass, mirror, and silk flowers for my 4-H Electric project one year. (It went to the State Fair! Thanks, Dad!) He's always coming up with some kind of "project" to keep himself busy. I'm like him in many ways. I'm always wanting to start another project before the last one is finished--just like dear ol' Dad!

His mom was a great cook. She cooked for sororities and fraternities at a university for many years. She was always making cookies or homemade pies. She made the BEST apple pie and chocolate fudge! She didn't even have a recipe for her fudge. She'd been making it since she was a girl and did it by "feel" (Her words, not mine!). I even cooked for a sorority and a fraternity for one year and LOVED it! Yes, I'm probably like her in many ways too.

I'm off to figure out what to make out of an old mixer.....

No comments: