Monday, May 28, 2007

Next-Best-Thing-to-KFC ColeSlaw

The ONLY reason this coleslaw isn't as good as KFC's is because you have to make it yourself! I made it today for our family's Memorial Day get-together.

Next-Best-Thing-to-KFC's Coleslaw

1 package of shredded cabbage and carrot mixture or 6-8 cups of shredded cabbage and carrots
1/4 cup diced onion
1 cup Miracle Whip (The only substitution you can make here is to use Light Miracle Whip. Don't use mayonnaise.)
1/4 cup sugar

Mix cabbage, carrots, and onion in a large bowl. Mix Miracle Whip and sugar in a small bowl until blended. Mix Miracle Whip mixture into cabbage mixture. You'll think you don't have enough Miracle Whip, but, trust me, you do.

Cover and let set overnight in the refrigerator. THIS IS THE SECRET! DO NOT SKIP THIS PART!

Stir before serving.

You can substitute Splenda for the sugar and it comes out just fine too!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Yummy! I love KFC Coleslaw! Oh, and I just realized I now have Soy Sauce, I'll have to check out that other recipe you posted...Sesame Chicken right?