Thursday, May 31, 2007

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty....




When I'm up to it, I love to go to a local animal rescue and pet the kitties. The shelter houses 30 cats and the number of dogs changes daily.

The kitties hear me coming and they run to the gate, meowing and purrrrring all the while. "Kitty Therapy" is good for me. I love to sit outside and pet them, and I think they love it too.

After awhile, you learn their personalities. OHana likes to give "love bites". Sven is a gentleman. Mabel can be a rascal. Wicca wants a forever home, and a new name. Meike is a real lovey kitty. Zach takes awhile to warm up, but he loves to be held once he gets to know you. Cupcake is very sweet. Roxanne will be coming to live here sometime soon. That's the plan anyway.

I'm getting on my soapbox here: I believe you can tell a lot about a people by the way they treat the elderly, children, and pets. If you're able, I'd encourage every person to give in some way to those who are unable to help themselves. Volunteer at a nursing home. Become a foster parent. Pet kitties. You'll be a happier person for it.

If you're interested in adopting or sponsoring a dog or a cat, or a child....drop me a line in the comments section. I'd be glad to put you in touch with the right people.

By the way, I'm VERY allergic to cats! >^..^<

1 comment:

Mrs.Garcia said...

Dana, I love people and animals as well.
I at one time had some pets however due to us moving and the health declining in our pets we had to give them up. I know 2 of them were put to sleep they were our older cats and then the dog who and the youngest cat were put up for adoption.
God Bless,
Mrs.Garcia